Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Democracy -my take

Its 12.30 ,22nd july just passed by.UPA government had won the trust vote and Manmohan Singh lives to fight another battle.I’ve turned apolitical over last few years so the news really dint bother me much. But atmosphere in my flat is all political and when it happens you know that a debate is about to ensue.And like always after peripheral debate ,arguments always boil down to whether people get leaders what they deserve. And like always I don’t know the answer,so after registering my presence I’ve decided to withdraw.I’ve been part of these debate far too many times to know how silly it can get.
But unfortunately I don’t have anything better to do either.Actually I’ve better things to do but I’ve successfully conned myself into believing that I’ve nothing to do.I do this very often and over the years I’ve mastered the art and now I am actually quite good at it.
So I decided to organize my thoughts and opinions on politics .(Actually I desperately wanted to make this post –read crap-so as to increase the post count ).So now I wonder whether the Democracy itself is a flawed idea.
1. Democracy is system where every individual gets to elect the leader.
2. Majority of individuals make wrong choices most of the times.(you just made the wrong choice by reading this post.)
3. People who can make the right choices are smart enough to know that their choice aint gonna make any difference because majority is going to make wrong choices anyway.
I wonder whether I made the right choice by writing this post?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the pointers to democracy was something new to me